|Born||February 9, 1966|
Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan
|Other names||Master of Breasts|
|Occupation||Manga artist, Illustrator|
|Known for||Legend of Lemnear|
The Transformers: The Movie
Satoshi Urushihara (うるし原 智志 (pen name) or 漆原 智志 (real name), Urushihara Satoshi, born February 9, 1966), the "Master of Breasts", is a Japanese manga artist and illustrator known for his distinctive style of beautiful characters. His work is the basis for anime such as Plastic Little and Legend of Lemnear, and appears in the Langrisser and Growlanser series of tactical role-playing video games.
Satoshi Urushihara was born on February 9, 1966 in Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan. He met fellow illustrator Kinji Yoshimoto in 1983 while attending a technical high school in Miyajima. He effectively started his career in manga and anime when he was selected as animator for the animated movie Jungle Boy Kenya (少年ケニヤ, Shōnen Keniya), produced by Kadokawa Haruki Jimusho and Toei Animation, a position he was actively looking for.
Anime and manga career
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2010)
After graduating from high school in 1984, he was employed by Toei Animation and after gaining some experience he was promoted to key animator with the animated TV series The Transformers and provided mechanical designs for The Transformers: The Movie.
The next year, Urushihara became a freelancer, working mainly in original video animations. It was his work with the OVA Megazone 23 Part II (1986) that made him recognized by producers of AIC. This lead him to be the character designer and animation supervisor of the adult-restricted OVA White Shadow (ホワイトシャドウ) (New Cream Lemon series, episode 2) released in 1987. This work was his debut as character designer, although at the time of the original OVA release, his name was kept secret and afterwards announced on the official website of Earthwork.
- Legend of Lemnear (1991 - 1993)
- Plastic Little: Captain's Log (1994)
- Chirality (1995 - 1997)
- Eidron Shadow (1999 - 2002)
- Mirowoire: The Mirror Within a Mirror
- Ragnarock City (2000 - 2001)
- Ryoujoku (also known as Love Intermission)
- Vampire Master Dark Crimson (2000)
- RC Twins (enclosed within the "Sigma" artbook) (2006)
- Satoshi Urushihara Cell Works. ISBN 4-89601-086-8. (1994/05/01) (Note: title is in English.)
- Urushihara Satoshi Illustration Collection Langrisser Complete I II III (うるし原智志イラスト集ラングリッサー・コンプリート I II III, Urushihara Satoshi Irasuto Shū Langrisser Complete I II III). ISBN 4-89389-126-X. (1996/10)
- Urushihara Satoshi Illustration Collection Venus (うるし原智志イラスト集VENUS, Urushihara Satoshi Irasuto Shū Venus). ISBN 4-05-601681-X. (1997/11/06)
- Urushihara Satoshi Illustration Collection Legend of Langrisser (うるし原智志イラスト集レジェンド・オブ・ラングリッサー, Urushihara Satoshi Irasuto Shū Legend of Langrisser). ISBN 4-05-601955-X. (1998/08/14)
- Growlanser Character Collection (グローランサーキャラクターコレクション). ISBN 4-8402-1918-4. (2002/08)
- Urushihara Satoshi Illustration Collection Love (Naked Dance) (うるし原智志イラスト集LOVE(裸舞), Urushihara Satoshi Irasuto Shū Love (Hadaka Mai)). ISBN 4-05-603122-3. (2003/04)
- Growlanser IV—Wayfarer of the time—Official Special Fan Book (グローランサー4‐Wayfarer of the time‐公式スペシャルファンブック). ISBN 4-7973-2547-X. (2003/12) (Note: title is in English, with katakana transliteration.)
- Urushihara Satoshi Illustration Collection U:Collection (うるし原智志イラスト集 U: COLLECTION, Urushihara Satoshi Irasuto Shū U:Collection). ISBN 4-06-364533-9. (2003/12/17)
- Growlanser IV—Wayfarer of the time—Character & Scenario Collection (グローランサー4—Wayfarer of the time—キャラクター&シナリオコレクション). ISBN 4-8402-2668-7. (2004/06) (Note: title is in English, with katakana transliteration.)
- Growlanser IV Return: Official Visual Fan Book (グローランサー4リターン 公式ビジュアルファンブック). ISBN 4-86176-113-1. (2005/03)
- Urushihara Satoshi Illustration Collection Φ [Phi] (うるし原智志イラスト集 Φ, Urushihara Satoshi Irasuto Shū Φ). ISBN 4-05-603961-5. (2005/04/02)
- Urushihara Satoshi visual works ~[From] Front Innocent Vol. 1~ (うるし原智志ビジュアルワークス~フロントイノセントvol.1より~, Urushihara Satoshi visual works ~Front Innocent Vol. 1 yori~). ISBN 4-7577-2496-9. (2005/10/03)
- Urushihara Satoshi Illustration Collection Σ [Sigma] (うるし原智志イラスト集Σ, Urushihara Satoshi Irasuto Shū Σ). ISBN 4-05-604485-6. (2006/06/30)
- Reira Urushihara Satoshi Illustration Collection (麗裸うるし原智志イラスト集, Reira Urushihara Satoshi Irasuto Shū). ISBN 4-05-605670-6. (2009/11/30)
- Another Lady Innocent (Japanese title Front Innocent)
- Crying Freeman (Production Supervision (vol 3 & 4))
- Growlanser IV (Character Design)
- Legend of Lemnear
- Plastic Little
- Bubblegum Crisis (Chief Production Supervisor (ep 7), Guest Character Designer (ep 7))
- Record of Lodoss War (OVA) (Assistant Animator, Production Supervision (Ep 5))
- Ikki Tousen: Dragon destiny (Ending Animation Character Design)
- Langrisser series
- Growlanser series
- Cybernator (Assault Suits Valken in Japan)
- Next King: Millennial Kingdom of Love
- Provided artwork for the Street Fighter II drama CDs Mad Revenger and Portrait of the Magician
- Satoshi Urushihara Posterbox
- Transformers series
- Tenma Magazine covers
- In his artbook Nostalgic Heroines, Urushihara creates a series of images that involves characters, mainly female, from well-known popular anime series including Neon Genesis Evangelion, Martian Successor Nadesico, and Dirty Pair.
- Mr Toffee. "Let's Look Back At Our Favourite Satoshi Urushihara Perky Pieces". Kakuchopurei. Retrieved 4 July 2020.
- Blondeau, Bella. "Langrisser I & II Review: Legendary Weapons With A Side Of Tarnish". The Gamer. Retrieved 4 July 2020.
- "Satoshi Urushihara". Biography for. USA: IMDb.com, Inc. Archived from the original on 2004-03-25. Retrieved 2010-02-22.
- "Guest: Satoshi URUSHIHARA - Japan Expo Sud, Manga and Anime Culture in Marseille". Guests. France: Japan Expo Sud. Archived from the original on 2010-03-27. Retrieved 2010-02-22. Archived link
- "Satoshi Urushihara". Netherlands: Lambiek. Archived from the original on 2010-06-12. Retrieved 2010-02-22.